Our homes go through a lot of wear and tear over time, leading to clutter and messiness. However, keeping our living spaces clean and organised is essential for maintaining a healthy and stress-free environment. From deep cleaning the bathroom to sprucing up the living room and sorting through clutter, there are plenty of great ways to stay on top of house cleaning. So, don’t fret! With a little effort and dedication, you can keep your home looking and feeling great all year round.
Clean the bathroom
A dirty bathroom is probably the most important one to master, not only for your guests but for you too. So if there is one room you deep clean, try and make it this one:
Sure, here are the same tips as before but in bullet points:
- Scrub the toilet and sink once a week to prevent germs from spreading
- Use a toilet bowl cleaner and brush to clean the toilet
- Disinfect the toilet brush and holder after use
- Wipe mirrors and glass with a glass cleaner
- Use floor wipes or a mop to clean the bathroom floor
- Restock toiletries and wash and dry all linens
- Empty the bin regularly
- Consider adding a room spray for a fresh scent
- Invest in new accessories, like mirrors or soap dispensers
Fresh up the living room
Start by removing clutter such as toys and magazines:
Polish and dust all surfaces.
- Fluff-up sofa pillows to make them look more inviting.
- Give the entire living room a good vacuum, including the sofa cushions and down the sides if you have time.
- Jazz up your living room with new home accessories like cosy cushions, stylish faux plants, and photo frames.
- Set the mood with some music to welcome your guests.
- Hiding away clutter and a quick vacuum and dusting is all it takes to get your living room in order!
Stay on top in the kitchen
Here are some tips to keep your kitchen tidy and welcoming:
- Keep spare cupboard space to tidy away clutter and keep it out of sight.
- Don’t forget to tidy away anything that doesn’t belong in the kitchen, such as coats hung on the back of chairs.
- Clean the dishes and put them away, if possible.
- Invest in a Dishmatic for easy cleaning of dishes, as they dispense washing up liquid through the sponge.
- Use wilko antibacterial multi-surface wipes to quickly clean surfaces. They’re hygienic, effective, and plastic-free.
- Make your kitchen smell nice by opening windows to let in the fresh air, spraying air freshener, and lighting a candle.